With the onset of summer, sleep problems return and we are already many people who are beginning to have difficulty sleeping; the nights get long, there is a lot of hot flashes, sweating, insomnia, etc.
The fact is that, according to the Spanish Sleep Association, the room where we sleep should be between 18 and 20 degrees and, in this last week, we have not dropped below 24. Because not everyone has air conditioning at home (only the 35% of Spanish houses, according to the INE), we give you some tips to combat this problem that will surely accompany us until the end of August or beginning of September.
- NO in showers with cold water before bed. Although there is a belief that it is one of the first and most essential solutions, it is quite the opposite. The contrast of the ambient temperature with the cold water can give a very pleasant sensation of freshness, but this only reactivates the organism so that, once it leaves the shower, after five minutes it becomes worse than at the beginning .
- For dinner. This meal should be very light and with the highest possible percentage of water, such as a good fresh gazpacho.
- Very important the material of the sheets. Try to make them from natural materials such as cotton or linen. So if your sheets are polyester, maybe this is a good time to renew them.
- Blinds and windows. During the day, close the shutters almost completely, but leave the windows open. With this we filter much of the hot air that enters our home.
- Sleep in pairs. In this case, the best option is to sleep as far apart as possible from each other to avoid contracting body heat.
- Electronic devices. Avoid using computers, cell phones, televisions, and other devices that can give off heat.
- Other tips and recommendations. Try to keep your feet outdoors, cool your neck, wrists, ankles or below your knees, use cold water bags, drink a glass of water before bed, put ice in front of the fan ( it works, although, of course, it doesn’t last all night).
Now we can fight the worst summer nights. Good station ticket!